Thursday, July 10, 2014

MongoDB World Part 2...

So I'm preparing for a trip to NYC to give my talk at the first MongoDB World conference, when someone contacts me from the Manning Publications Co. asking if I'm interested in writing "a chapter".... "or two" in the second edition of "MongoDB in Action".  Having been co-author of a book on Java many years ago I knew what I was getting into. But despite that, I said yes! It's a fun experience and everyone should try it at least once... or twice... or more. After all, that first book was many years ago so I had pretty much forgotten how much work it was.How I'd spent a 36 hour marathon session session completing the last few chapters for the last book. Though in fact it has been a much easier experience this time. Thanks in no small part to my excellent editor Susan Conant.

So now surprise two! I'm co-author of "MongoDB in Action, second edition", writing two chapters, one on the MongoDB aggregation framework and one on text searching - two topics that just happened to undergo major revisions in the April 2014 version 2.6 release of MongoDB. All the better to learn the new features and improvements that came with that major new release.

It's been a lot of work, but tremendously entertaining. Please buy a copy!

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment